NOTICE: Please add [email protected] to your contacts to ensure our reply does not go to your spam folder. If you are still waiting for a reply, please check your spam.
Filibuster now accepts pieces of fiction in our new and exciting literature section. If you’re an aspiring young writer with a creative flare, then this is just the place for you. Whether it’s a short story or a poem, we want to showcase your talent to an ever-growing audience.
What we’re looking for
- We want short stories of roughly 800-1500 words* and poems of any length, in a Word document (or similar format).
- You are not required to write to a specific theme.
- We take pride in the standard of the work we publish, so we expect all pieces to be to a high standard of spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- The piece can be one you have written previously or one written from scratch.
- If your piece has been published elsewhere, we ask that you ensure you/we have the right to re-publish.
- Obviously, we ask that the piece was created by you alone, unless you are submitting with a co-author.
*If the piece is substantially longer, it can be split into two/several parts and be published as a series.
How do I submit a piece?
Now you know what we want, you can go ahead and submit your story or poem. To do so, send an email to [email protected] including the following details:
- Your name (If you wish to use a pseudonym, we are willing to facilitate this)
- Your age
- A short biography
- The title of your piece
- The genre of your piece
- Any relevant comments
Then send the email with the document as an attachment. We aim to get back to you within three days; if we don’t please feel free to give us a gentle nudge.
OR: If you wish to write for us regularly, please head over to our Join page, and follow the instructions there.
I look forward to reading your work.